Changing jobs during a crisis
Your industry is struggling, you may be on the verge of being laid off, already unemployed, or searching for your first job. You may fear that your job search will be hindered by the restrictions imposed by lockdowns and the looming social and economic crisis. Here are some tips to step back and transform this difficult period into a springboard for the future:
- Assess your skills: Take stock of your abilities and what you can offer to a future employer.
- Be flexible! This situation is also an opportunity to explore new paths and seize opportunities that you may not have considered before.
- Research industries that are investing and hiring. Identify sectors where your transferable skills could be applicable.
- Target job offers and make meaningful connections. Invest your time and energy in networking and building relationships with individuals who can guide you to potential employers. Focus on well-constructed and genuine actions rather than wasting your energy on mass applications that may not align with your goals.
- Stay organized: Keep track of your job search activities and allocate time accordingly.
- Take care of yourself: It’s essential to create space for self-care and rejuvenation, not just for yourself but also for your loved ones. This is necessary to demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, and motivation to your future employer.
In three words, to find a job during a crisis, be strategic, open-minded, and organized!