Spontaneous application: instructions for use
Do you dream of joining a company but none of the published offers match your profile? Sometimes it pays to send in an unsolicited application. Without being drowned in a mass of resumes, you benefit from the full attention of the recruiter. You also arrive upstream of the need, which you even sometimes create.
A few keys to a successful unsolicited application:
- Target the companies to which you send your application: growing companies, which invest, whose model and values correspond to you, etc. No need to bulk up, choose only the few companies that really make you vibrate.
- Also target the right contact person. You must aim just, as close as possible to the position you are looking for, a decision-maker and whose curiosity you will know how to arouse.
- Inform yourself in advance. Identify the challenges and issues of the company or team targeted to respond to them and offer a real service offer.
- Follow up on your application, re-engage appropriately, prove your motivation without being too intrusive.
- Be patient: it is a long-term process that is part of a much broader networking process.
- In your networking process, do not hesitate to accompany your spontaneous application with contact with other people who gravitate around and in the ecosystem of your target.